A one of a kind trip planner with settings reflecting local mobility strategy
Objective 1 = simplify travel
The Optygo algorithm makes it possible to answer, in a few clicks, the questions every traveler is asking: “What are the most efficient transport solutions for my trip, my preferences and my specific needs? “
- The trip planner takes into account all transportation modes: bus, coach, train, car, bicycle, walk…
- Integrated into a website or in a smartphone application, it helps guide travelers to their destination: comparative summary of solutions, detailed roadmap, route tracking feature….
Objective 2 = respect local mobility policies and strategy
Unlike other trip planners, Optygo takes into account the mobility rules defined by local authorities.
- Avoid car solutions in the city center or near schools.
- Prioritize the drawdowns on a major public transit routes.
These rules are defined with client transit agencies in the configuration phase.
Intermodal trip search
The Optygo trip planner integrates all available transportation modes:
- Transit, including Mobility On Demand (MOD – including Demand Responsive services, Ridesharing, TNCs),
- Personal bike or bikeshare systems,
- Carpool, carshare, private cars (including parking info)
Travelers may specify their preferences.
- Accepted modes,
- Priorities: the fastest, the fewer connections…
- Accessibility criteria
- Stops, routes or favorite destinations.
Description of the trip
The trip plans recommended for each search are described step by step, both via text or on the interactive map.
The “walking” legs of the trip are very precisely described from the starting address to the ending address.
Environmental and economic information can be associated with trip calculation:
- Carbon footprint
- Price of the trip
Real-time information and travel disruptions
Optygo planner calculates intermodal trip plans taking into account real-time data coming fro m all different sources: traffic management systems for road traffic and even data, CAD AVL systems for real-time data on transit services, but also availability of bikeshare, carshare and parking, all in real-time.
Cityway carries out interfaces with these third-party systems
Please note: traffic disruptions can be integrated into the intermodal trip planner
- For informational purposes only: the trip planner provides a solution with a disruption but signals the disruption.
- Either on an exclusive basis: the trip planner does not provide solutions involving disrupted services and searches alternative solutions.
A trip with real-time data can be proposed and dynamically recalculated according to the evolution of the situation.
«Map Centric» Ergonomics
The use of the map as an entry point to find information has become a web standard.
- To launch a trip search by selecting the departure and arrival points on the map
- To visualize mobility services available near a place, address, intersection, Point Of Interest or event
- To visualize equipment, points of interest, or events located near a stop point
Results are offered on an extensive range of interactive maps: Google Maps / Bing / Open Street Map with a view of the different steps of the trip in map or Street View mode.
Example of implementation :
A reliable information on all media
The intermodal trip planner can be used
The same trip planner engine and the same transport database are used regardless of the dissemination medium.
- The consistence of the information provided: the solutions obtained for a particular trip are the same regardless of the media channel
- The speed of administration: data updates are done once for all media channel
The technical added value: the trip planner is interoperable
The Optygo intermodal trip planner complies with the rules and standards for transport data exchange (TRIDENT / Neptune). It can therefore exchange information with third-party systems.
The trip search form can be integrated to third party websites: for example, a public place can include a form “how to get there” in which the Internet user simply enters his starting address to obtain the possible trip plans to the place.
Do not have an intermodal real-time trip planner yet?
Are you wondering about the transportation modes integration or about the real-time opportunity? Contact us !